Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013's SF Movie Offerings

Not every year brings with it SF movies that I want to see, but 2013 looks to be different. What long-time Star Trek fan wouldn't been looking closely at J.J. Abrams second film in the franchise. Right down to Robot & Frank, which is far more earthbound, all the offerings this year seem interesting and many of them are not as simple as they first appear.

Oblivion is a good example. The more I watch the trailer the more depth I think the story may have. Pacific Rim is interesting if you are into Mechas. Cloud Atlas is the one I am most looking forward to. Don't know if I'll get to the book or not, but the film looks incredible. And lets not forget Ender's Game. Having read the book and loving to see Harrison Ford in SF roles, it is at the top of my list. I think it may be more topical now than when it was written. We didn't have remote controlled military drone back in 1985, but they are common today and this story is an extension of that.

This is by no means an exhaustive list, just a sample of things I'll be watching for and looking forward to. I'll report back on any I see. Stay tuned for the reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment