Monday, May 13, 2019

Time Marches On

I guess writing is a discouraging business. I just tried to peruse a bunch of fellow writer blogs to see if they had Instagram (since I am new on there - https://www.instagram.com/srseldon/) and I found that virtually none of them are still around. One moved so the others might have also, but they left no trace. It's kind of depressing. Nearly everyone I encountered as I was forging my world and writing my first 6 novels (sorry that number 6 isn't out yet - it is written, but not edited) has not continued. I may have been on hiatus for the last few years, but I have not quit and have plans for more books, life has not been kind with time so planning, much less writing and editing, has been sparse. I look to get back in the swing of things in the near future. I hope I can get to my next project before George R.R. Martin finishes his Song of Ice and Fire series.

How many others out there have seen old compadres in writing hang it up and vanish? While being self-published has been hard, the reviews have been good and at some point I may still find a way to reach a wider audience. I think of a line from one of my favorite movies, Galaxy Quest - Never give up, never surrender. I didn't start writing to tell just a couple of stories. I started because I have far too many stories to every get written. And I'm not done with Ven yet.

So never fear, my blog and my site will stay up as long as my host exists. At some point I should buy a domain, but for now, this works.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment